Dates to Remember:
- Monday, October 19, 2022 1st day to vote in the Auditor’s Office
1st day absentee ballots may be mailed to requestors
- Monday October 24, 2022 Deadline to request an absentee ballot. Auditor’s Office is open until 5:00 PM
- Saturday, November 5, 2022 Auditor’s Office open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Monday, November 7, 2022 Last day to vote in the Auditor’s Office (open until 5:00 pm)
- Monday, November 6, 2022 Postmark Deadline for Absentee Ballots (Ballots must be postmarked on or before this day and received in the Auditor’s office by 8:00 PM on November 8th.
- Changes from 2016:
- Straight-ticket voting has been eliminated. Each position on ballot must be individually voted.
- Identification (ID) must be provided prior to voting. Drivers License or PIN Card.
A general election is an election in which all or most members of a given political body are up for election. The term is usually used to refer to elections held for a nation’s primary legislative body, as distinguished from by-elections and local elections.
Notice of Election & Polling Places
NOTICE OF ELECTION
2022 General Election Sample Ballots
Information About General Elections in Cass County
- Am I Registered To Vote In Iowa?
- Cass County Polling Places
- Iowa Secretary of State – Find Your Polling Place
Election / Voter Registration Forms
- Application for Absentee Ballot
- Voter Registration & Absentee Form for Military / Overseas
- Voter Registration Form – Return this to your County Auditor
- Election Day Voter Registration Information
- Election Presentations from ISACA (IA State Association of County Auditors)
- First Time Voter Information
- Voter Registration Information – Iowa Secretary of State