Dates to Remember:
- Monday, October 19, 2022 1st day to vote in the Auditor’s Office
1st day absentee ballots may be mailed to requestors
- Monday October 24, 2022 Deadline to request an absentee ballot. Auditor’s Office is open until 5:00 PM
- Saturday, November 5, 2022 Auditor’s Office open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Monday, November 7, 2022 Last day to vote in the Auditor’s Office (open until 5:00 pm)
- Monday, November 6, 2022 Postmark Deadline for Absentee Ballots (Ballots must be postmarked on or before this day and received in the Auditor’s office by 8:00 PM on November 8th.
- Changes from 2016:
- Straight-ticket voting has been eliminated. Each position on ballot must be individually voted.
- Identification (ID) must be provided prior to voting. Drivers License or PIN Card.
A general election is an election in which all or most members of a given political body are up for election. The term is usually used to refer to elections held for a nation’s primary legislative body, as distinguished from by-elections and local elections.
Notice of Election & Polling Places
NOTICE OF ELECTION
2022 General Election Sample Ballots
General Election Results
2022 Official General Election Results
2020 Official General Election Canvass2018 Official General Election Canvass
For more information about General Elections visit Wikipedia
Information About General Elections in Cass County
- Am I Registered To Vote In Iowa?
- Cass County Polling Places
- Iowa Secretary of State – Find Your Polling Place
Election / Voter Registration Forms
- Application for Absentee Ballot
- Voter Registration & Absentee Form for Military / Overseas
- Voter Registration Form – Return this to your County Auditor
- Election Day Voter Registration Information
- Election Presentations from ISACA (IA State Association of County Auditors)
- First Time Voter Information
- Voter Registration Information – Iowa Secretary of State
For more information and to download forms regarding Iowa Ethics and Campaign Disclosures: Iowa Ethics and Campaign Disclosure Board